• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

showering

asecin

Bluelighter
guys is it unhealthy to not shower for a prolonged time ?
im in situation where i cant shower up to weeks at time and i wonder besides the filth, if anything else is to worry about.

oh btw i read on opposite end if you shower too frequently is unhealthy actually.

bah

Not that I am aware of, I know that showering to much can make your skin dry out and crack so they say you shouldn't shower everyday unless necessary, but as for not showering I would think the only thing to worry about is the B.O.

If you're concerned, at least try and keep your hands clean. People backpack and hike for days without access to showers so you'll not be in much danger, just it's best to make sure your hands are clean and there are things like alcohol-based gels and scrubs for that.

Of course not, for most of human history people haven't showered regularly if at all. But like Hermit said, keep your hands clean, as these days our immune systems aren't as robust and you could easily get sick. I swear by dettol hand sanitiser.

What is your situation? Well, I doubt it would be harmful. Just try to make sure your hands are clean when they need to be (before eating, for example, or after going to the toilet) . Hand sanitizer or just pocket sized isopropyl alcohol is your best friend.

Im assuming you cant take a full SHOWER but you have access to some water. I guess washing your face, armpits, etc. before sleeping would be a good thing. Just because you cant take a full SHOWER doesnt mean you have to neglect basic cleanliness. You can still keep yourself neat and tidy through other means.

oh btw i read on opposite end if you shower too frequently is unhealthy actually.

If you live in the West maybe it is unhealthy for your skin because it can dry it out . In the tropics (where I live) there is no such thing as TOO MUCH showering. I shower at least everyday or at most, every other day. Stop listening to what others say and listen to your body...do you feel good after not showering for two weeks? Do you want to shower everyday or every other day? Do you smell decent enough to be able to go through your routine without scaring people away? Ya know its all really personal preference.

I dont think anything other than stank can come from not showering maybe an infection or something if you have open cuts or some shit. I shower usually twice a day once to clean and once to loosen up my back from chronic pain. Hot water with a good massaging shower head helps more than my muscle relaxers sometimes.

ok finally took shower after weeks and it felt good but then i realized it wasnt such a big deal.
showering is definitely overrated.
i mean i poured so many chemicals on my body, i feel weird and my skin got so dry, makes me wanna tear it out :(

I suggest installing a shower filter, for chlorine and fluoride. Use organic soap, or no soap at
all. Thats how I do it :)

I probably shower every week or two (my house only has a bath and it takes too long to fill it so I shower when i go back home to visit my mum)

I dont think there is anything wrong with it as long as you wash your face and hands.

I didn't have a shower until I was about 7 or so. Used the bath instead.

I shower ever single day when I have a home. When I'm living on the streets I'll at least wash my face with a bar of soap in a public bathroom. I always start to feel greasy if I dont shower but sometimes when your high enough you dont really care. I've always been a pretty clean druggie in my eyes though :D

I would not say it is healthy, even though the immune system is usually very strong.
If for some reason you cannot for some time, go swimming or sponge bathe, for sure.

I love to take prolonged showers from time to time, like for hours. I feel it is good for detoxification, although I have not proof of this.

I'm sure you can over shower and dry your skin out. Washing all the oils off and stuff.
IDK do you think girls NEED to shower less than guys?
Idk guys seem to shower everyday where, if I skip a day I don't feel icky or like I smell or anything. 3 days and I certainly wanna shower and wash my hair and stuff.
Is a everday shower a must for EVERYONE? Are you looked down on if you don't?
(I'm talking shower, bath, whatever...full body wash)

Sometimes I'm really dirty and smell like the street's I've slept in :D

Would you look down on me ?

I try to shower every day. At least every 2nd day. Any more than that and I just feel grimy.

Feeling dry is just because you use normal soaps. Normal soaps suck all the mositure off your skin as well as the grime/sweat/greeze...

Just go to the pharmisist and ask for a good moisturising product that cleans, something like shower milk.

For me i just use soap under the arms and arse/gential region first, then use the moisturing body milk/other product for the rest of my body, realy helps in the drier months.